The Yokohama Theatre Group has reached the point where, to continue to expand our production of art and our teaching of Theatre, we need our own space.
Over the last months, we've started trying to find spaces to accomodate us. Our needs are relatively simple:
- Close to a train station
- Doesn't need to be major station, but preferably on the Toyoko, Keikyu, or a JR line.
- Needs to be in the city of Yokohama
- Minimum of 20-25 square meters
- Ceiling height of 3 meters or more (the higher the better)
- Mostly open space
- Either well-insulated (or sound-proofable by us) or in an area where we can make noise inside the building throughout the night
- Monthly rent ~30,000
- Max rent budget is ~45,000
- Landlord can have a higher rate and we can treat the price difference as a donation (no tax benefits yet, but like all donors, will be mentioned on the website)
- At least 12 month term
Bigger is better, of course, but we're finding the reality is that commerical spaces are quite expensive and that landlords would rather entire crumbling buildings be empty than negotiate a lower price.
If you can help us out in any way in finding a suitable home, either by pointing us in the direction of a suitable space, or by donating (or renting at a low cost) a space you manage, we would be grateful.
You can contact us using our ::CONTACT FORM::.